Bottle gourd, also called Ghiya in Hindi and Dudhi in Marathi and Gujarati, is cylindrical, lengthy and thin light green vegetable with a smooth skin. The outer skin of the vegetable is peeled and in there is creamy white edible flesh along with tender petite seeds. In tropical and subtropical regions, this vegetable is cultivated all year long. This vegetable is used in several recipes, for instance lauki kofta, luaki sabzi, lauki thepla, lauki halwa, lauki chana dal sabzi, lauki kheer, lauki bhaji and lauki raita. This low calorie vegetable is rich in fiber, zinc, iron, calcium, vitamin B, vitamin C and folate.
- This vegetable is cultivated in Asia, America, Africa and Europe.
- Bottle gourd can be cut into small pieces, which can be either fried, sautéd or grilled.
- In bakeries, this vegetable is added in cakes and breads.
- It can also be used in soups.
- Storage Instruction: Keep in a Cool and Dry Place
- Speciality: Pesticide Free
*Prices will vary as per day to day market rates*